Har-tru or clay court resurfacing is one of Sport Surfaces specialties. Proper maintenance and resurfacing are essential items needed if you are planning on keeping you clay tennis court looking great. We offer a simple efficient and cost effective program that encompasses resurfacing the court every 3-4 years while providing you with the needed know how on the proper watering and maintenance schedule. If you do not feel you can handle the clay maintenance yourself we will be happy to maintain your clay courts for you on a daily weekly or monthly schedule to fit your particular clay court needs and budget.
What to expect with a typical clay resurfacing project
We are happy to provide home owners and associations with the proper schedule that must be followed once the tennis courts are resurfaced to keep them looking great. Florida has a unique climate and clay courts have climate specific needs that are different from other parts of the country. We have provided clay resurfacing as south as Key West on down through Miami, West Palm Beach and Orlando. It really doesn’t matter what part of Florida you are in we have a local branch office that will be happy to come out and provide you with a free tennis court evaluation.
- Clay courts can either be irrigated with above ground irrigation systems or below ground hydro-court or hydro-grid systems. We can resurface either har-tru (clay) tennis court independent of the type of watering system that is used.
When we come out to resurface your tennis courts we will provide you use the following steps as a guideline to our laser graded resurfacing.
- We will remove and dispose of existing worn out line tapes
- Scarify and remove existing dead material until we encounter good clay. The dead clay will of course be properly disposed.
- Depending on the amount of material we remove we will re-install enough material to bring your court back to a standard 1″ of clay.
- New Har-tru is laser graded in order to provide the proper 1/2 percent slope
- The new clay court is now rolled brushed until it is perfectly flat and smooth
- Line tapes are laid out and precisely installed on the newly resurfaced clay surface and aluminum nails are used to secure it in place
Here is a list of some of our local Branch Offices:
954-828-0116 broward county
239-349-3722 lee and colier county
813-445-7290 Hillsborough and Pasco county
772-621-2899 Indian River County, Martin, st. Lucie
786-800-2511 dade county, Monroe county (the keys)
407-477-5508: orange, Seminole and volusia (Orlando
561-964-2001 Palm Beach County