Basketball Court Resurfacing or Repair
The Procedure for surfacing basketball courts
At Sport Surfaces we follow a specific procedure for every basketball court repair and resurfacing:
- BASKETBALL COURT INSTALLATION / REPAIR: Area to be approximately: 50' X 94'
- The Contractor will pressure clean and power blow basketball court as necessary to remove loose dirt, mildew and oil.
- The Contractor will patch depressions greater than 1/8" after 1 hour drying time in sunlight, grind down any ridges as necessary and fill existing cracks as best as possible prior to surfacing Note: court must have a minimum of 1% slope in one plane in order to guarantee removal of water.
- SURFACING OF BASKETBALL COURT (NOT: SPECIFICATIONS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON CONDITION OF PLAYING SURFACE)
- The Contractor will apply (1) Coat of Acrylic Resurface over entire court area to fill voids and provide smooth surface.
- The Contractor will apply (2) Coats of Acrylic Color Concentrate (two-tone), To provide in depth color over court surface.
- The Contractor will accurately locate, mark, and paint two inch wide playing lines in accordance with High School regulations using white textured heavy bodied acrylic latex paint.